Friday, November 17, 2006

Poor Taiter

Tait has had a fever the last few days. Poor little guy. I think he got it from me though as I have been coughing all week. He might be teething but I see no signs of anything on his gums.
The hard part is he wants me to hold him constantly even while he sleeps. He isn't really taking naps and I can't really get anything done without him screaming his head off.
Jeshua has also decided that he is now scared of ghosts in his room. I try to tell him that ghosts aren't real but I am not very convincing apparently. He will dress in the hallway so he doesn't have to be in his room and he really doesn't like the door shut when he is in there. I have been praying with him and reminding him the Jesus is real and always with him and will help him not to be scared. I am at a loss how to help him at this point.
He is more than nervous. Last night I was doing some laundry and I told him to go put a clean blanket on his bed. He instantly panicked and almost passed out from crying so hard. (yeah my kids pass them selves out from crying) I ended up having to go upstairs with him and he was still in a big hurry to get out of the room once the blanket was put away.
Ahh the joys of being 4. Made up things seem so real.

2 comments:

Drawing Saudade said...

Aw!
Well I had similar issues as a kid, I had a very active imagination, so for a very long time I couldn't sleep at all on my own or without lights on.
What my mom came up with was a security item, in this case a ragdoll bunny my greatgrandmom had given me as a baby. It had a little bell around its neck. She said that if I rang it, it would keep any ghosts or monsters away.
It worked pretty good, and later on I stopped using it on my own when I became a little older.
Maybe you can work something out with Joshua that is slightly similar.
Poor baby Tate, I hope he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor Tait? Poor Mandy! Hang in there. We'll see you on Thursday. Hope everybody's feeling better by then. If not, rest assured that my mom will sweep in and steal that baby & give you a break. You know how she is. She's been itchin' to meet him, too.

Love the blog by the way. Fun to check in on you. I think Robert is setting one up for me.
~ Cuz Nicole