Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wow! It had been forever since I posted on here. I mainly post on facebook so I have completely neglected my blog. I will try to do better and post more often for those that may actually still check here for updates.
since I last posted we have had a lot of changes in our life. Jerek got laid off from his job in Hillsboro in february last year. We put our house up on the market as we didn't know where we were headed financially. We had been given some money and were going to use it to take the kids to disneyland, so we went the first week in April. Went to coquille to leave tait and alison with the grandparent and while we were there, my mom said someone we know and goes to their church said he could get Jerek a job where he works as a civil engineer. We left to go to california and while we were gone we had 2 offers on our house. When we got home Jerek went in to talk to the boss at the civil engineering firm and found out he knew him too. He ended up getting the job and we moved all our stuff into his parents garage by the end of april. We pretty much left to go on vacation and never went back.
We ended up ina house out of town with 23 acres. Pretty much our dream. We have been working hard to improve the land and build fences so we can put some sheep on the land.
I have some goats I am going to milk in the spring and some chickens.
The kids are growing and learning so much by being out here. So am I to be truthful! Jerek is getting a kick out of watching me wrestle the goats down to treat their hooves to give them shots, and I would do that over dishes or laundry any day.
I will try to get some pics of our new life in the country but I am bad about that so no promises.=)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

It is awesome to look back to see how evident God's hand is in the events of our lives! It sounds like a perfect place for you guys (and a little bit like a TV show!) We sure do miss you guys here, but are happy you are doing well!

ashby said...

we miss you!
and I agree- that should be a reality show: 'five kids and four goats', or something. : )

ashby said...

wait- what am I thinking?

five kids and five kids. or...however many goats you have.

I crack myself up.