Monday, April 23, 2007

sick

I don't know why but we have been plagued with illness for about 2 months or so. I went to a women's retreat on March 4 and I was coming down with a cold then. It turned into a terrible cough that I had until about a week ago which ended in a terrible sinus infection.
When I came home from the retreat Jerek started battling with some faith related depression issues, then over the next few weeks the boys and I also got the stomach flu which made it's way around the family 2 or 3 times, I lost count. Now Jerek has had a fever since Tuesday. He was feeling better Friday morning but I told him he should call the Doctor anyways as in my experience fevers don't just appear out of nowhere and instantly disappear a couple days later. He had taken Tylenol all night so I figured that was why his fever was down. Well at about 4 that afternoon his fever was back and he felt as crappy as ever so I had to take him to urgent care as the doctor's office was close then. After about 3-4 hours we came home with an antibiotic for him to take, but he still has a fever today. I am going to call the doctor today again and see what the lab results say.
I am starting to feel like sick is normal anymore. Jerek's brother is getting married in less than 2 weeks and it would be nice to be well for that.
Sometimes I feel this is a spiritual attack. When I came back from the retreat I had a renewed sense of the Holy Spirit and I feel I have grown spiritually quite a bit in the last couple months.
Jerek used to be the strongest one of us in the faith department so I don't see a coincidence in the depression and illness with my growing faith.
Pray for us if you think about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and the fam Mandy.

ASHENFELTERS said...

You are totally right!It sounds like satan is attacking your family!Don't give up, you have the most powerful weapon on your side...the LIVING GOD, and NOTHING in creation can seperate you from Him!I will pray for you..right now!God, I ask that you bind satan in the name of our Lord and that you release any stronghold he may have on this family,I pray that you will heal them and renew their faith in you.You are our breath of life and the reason that we live and I pray that you would not only heal them but make them feel better then ever!Thank-you Father for your unfailing love, Amen!I love you Mandy and I will pray for you often!Connie

Ashby said...

Wow...I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you in a while and was wondering how you were doing. I will be praying for you! We miss you.