Monday, March 26, 2007

I am not a teacher.

I am so overwhelmed right now.I do not have teaching skills. What was I thinking when I agreed to homeschool the kids? I have been struggling so hard this past week yet I have no alternative. Private school is too expensive and Jerek doesn't want to do public school at all.Honestly, one of my kids is difficult to teach anything. He has a stubborn streak to no end and If i say to do something it is not going to happen. Would he do this to a teacher at a real school? i feel I am making him dumber instead of teaching him how to do his school and the frustration that is building in me is hurting our relationship. I don't know what to do from here...

4 comments:

ASHENFELTERS said...

Oh Mandy! I can imagine the stress of 4 kids and trying to homeschool...I can not only imagine, I tried it.... Cassie was doing well, I just felt like I didn't have enough time to really teach her, you know?I, however, was not strong enough to keep it up(my husband was all for sending her to school in the first place, so that helped)She has been at public school since January...She LOVES it!I don't have any great advice for you, but I will pray that God gives you patience and helps your son be responsive to you.Love ya! Con

Dave Ketah said...

I wish I could offer some advice, but I have not the slightest idea! I'll pray for you though!

Kathi said...

I know how you're feeling Mandy! All homeschooling moms go through this. I can't tell you how many times I've thought, "And why am I doing this?" Do you have more frustrating days than good days? If not, count that as a blessing and just keep going. This may be a "phase" that will pass. I find that it comes with certain subjects - so I just set myself up to be ready for that and adjust things when I need to. I'll keep you in my prayers as you try to work this out.

Angie said...

I will pray for you. I wish I had words of wisdom and advise, but I've never been there.