Tuesday, February 12, 2008

No,No Touch! HOT!

Tait has ,hopefully, learned a valuable lesson.Last night as I was getting dinner ready, I turned on the oven to preheat before I put in a chicken pot pie. Then I went downstairs to do a load of laundry while the oven heated up. While I was doing that Tait started crying so I went to go check it out. He was standing in the livingroom holding out his left hand. I asked the other boys what happened, but they were heavily absorbed in watching a movie and had no idea. I looked at Tait's hand and it had dark brown scorch looking marks on his fingers on the palm side. I went to the kitchen to get some ice and I noticed the oven door was hanging open. I know I didn't leave it like that so Tait must have opened it and tried to grab something inside. I ended up having to take him to the urgent care and they bandaged him up and gave me a prescription for silver sulfa-something that I have to put on everyday and keep it bandaged at all times. He seems not to mind it too much yet, but I have the feeling it may get on his nerves after a few days.
Be prepared for pictures as soon as I get around to taking some.

1 comment:

ASHENFELTERS said...

OWwwww!Poor baby.Hopefully he learns from that though huh?Excited to see more pictures.You should put one of your cute belly on there!:)